3/31/15

To Learn Patience

Dear Family,

Alright well what's up everybody. This last week has been a great week here in Guatemala. Learning a lot of love and patience every single day. All I know for sure is that the Lord wants me to learn patience right now. Anyways I don't have much time today because one of the sisters in the district forgot her password to her email and I have been helping her with that.

Anyways we did not have any baptisms this week, but i know that we are getting close. My companion Elder Sorto is coming along nicely, he really is a great kid. but wow he really hates my guts. Sometimes he loves me but most of the time no. We are really trying to get everything worked out because we really can't do anything if there are problems. But i know that the Lord put us together to learn from each other. We always just have to be humble enough to learn what the Lord wants us to.

Anyway we have found some good people to teach, but the problem is that none of the are married. So we have been working on that. Anyways this one guy is named Jonas and he is awesome. He has really been lost all of his life and got into drugs and everything like that. Anyways on Sunday when we were teaching him, he still has had problems with drugs. Honestly we just want to help him free himself from the drugs. and he is doing well. It was so humbling to watch him bawl and just tell us that he can feel the Book of Mormon changing his life.

Anyways I am really excited for conference this weekend and am so thankful to listen to the testimonies of individuals that have seen Jesus Christ face to face. I have never seen him, but I know that he lives and that he rose the third day. I know that without a doubt how thankful I am for the surety that through his restored gospel all mankind can be saved. I know that he lives. Sometimes we just have to remember that impact in our lives. I love you all. Have a great week.

Elder Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment