3/24/15

Keeping Faith

Dear Family,

Well this last week has been a great week. We honestly have seen a ton of trials so that has been super awesome to see and to learn and grow from them. We don't really have any investigators right now. So we are always working hard looking for people in search of the gospel.

No mom I did not get changed. I am still in my same area. I have a new companion named Elder Sorto from El Salvador he is a great kid, but I don't think he likes me very much right now. But we are working and I really love him and tell him that every second. My last companion just got changed to a different area mom. Yes mom the truth is that sometimes we can have 10 lessons every day. But you have to be careful because we have to separate the people who are really ready to receive the gospel from those who are not. My area did get cut in half so now it is really small and in a part of my area nobody has baptized for over 2 years so we are going to be working to change that. My living conditions are fine, our house is nice. Were we teach and work is not that nice though. Most people live in tin shacks, then the other half of our ward has money. So it makes for some interesting dynamics. The hardest thing from this last week mom was on Sunday we went to bring some investigators to church and when we got there the guy was high on drugs and wow it just broke my heart. Because they had been doing so good and then he feel and yesterday he told us that he didn't want to meet with us anymore. So it really is heartbreaking to watch people fall back into sin after they have felt the atonement and the joy of repentance.

I think the most spiritual thing that has happened in this past week was just keeping faith. It can be hard with new missionaries because they don't have faith, and sometimes just complain. But really I know to just keep the faith and be obedience with exactness that we will see miracles. Being a district leader mom is nothing special, just make more phone calls and do baptismal interviews.
I really hope that answers all of your questions. I will try and be specific but my mind just goes so blank. And anyways I love you guys. Obedience brings blessings but obedience with exactness bring miracles.

Elder Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment