What Are You Doing to Recognize the Spirit Everyday?

Dear Family,

Alright well sorry to everyone but i do not have that much time today. My email was not letting me in for some reason. this last week was honestly the best week of my life. We had a miracle baptism. In this month we finished with 7 baptisms as a companionship. We have seen so many miracles.  Here is the story that i wrote my mission president about what happened.

Anyways on Monday we started with a fast knowing that we had to baptize this week. Literally we didn't not have anyone for this week. Nobody. Then that day the spirit went told us of a man who had been coming to church for about a year. 12 missionaries had taught him. He was a goat and did not want anything with being baptized. But that day the spirit told us that he would be baptized. he was our baptism. That day we went to visit him. the spirit was strong but still did not accept his answer. On Tuesday, we visited him he was having back pains. I gave him a blessing and he cried afterwards with relief from the pain. He still did not take that for his answer. Wednesday, the same, excuses, excuses, excuses. we felt the spirit so strong but he (Ronald Lopez) did not accept it. Thursday, we could not find a soul to teach all day. Nobody, we even got lost walking in a forest that turned out to be a park. then that day the lord guided us to a family, of a lady who was baptized as a little girl and her husband. They came to church and he is preparing to be baptized and married on the 13. After that we went and taught Ronald. same old same old. felt the spirit and rejected it. Friday, we got super sick. Had to jump of the bus to go to the bathroom. Bus left and then we surprisingly meet you and Elder Alonso on the freeway. How embarrassing was that. Later we had to go do interviews that day and only had time to teach one lesson. We went and taught Ronald. The spirit was so strong that we could barley walk home after. we were so tired in the spirit. But he still rejected it. Saturday, We went for the last time to visit him. Once again the spirit was so strong. We waited and waited for him to accept. After being in the house almost 2 hours listening to the silence he said, "What time am i going to get baptized tomorrow?" We went straight to the church he had his interview and we baptized him right then.

Anyways Ronald ended up getting baptized. We didn't even get pictures because we didn't have time to go get our cameras. But this last week i have never felt more guided by the spirit. I love you all. I will tell you all the story of meeting a general authority on the freeway when i get home. What are you all doing to recongnize the spirit everyday? love you.

Elder Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment