6/14/16

I Have Not Walked Alone

One day Elder Caceres and I went to the farthest part of area. It is down about the biggest hill on earth and down there, there is only one less active member. There are no other members. We were going to visit the family Sanchez that now had 3 attendances at church. They had been debating whether or not there were going to be baptized. Their oldest son Ernesto 20 years old had been baptized 2 weeks earlier. As we flew down the hill we found the mother--Judys-- talking to a lady on the corner of the street. We were kind of worried when we saw that....Judys who had already been baptized in the evangelical church had many doubts about getting baptized....many came from what family members and neighbors had told her....we approached the house and patiently waited for judys to come over so we could teach the family...we waited about 10 minutes and then she came over..she started to tell us about what the lady on the street corner had said to her...we asked her who she was and she told us that before today she had never talked to her before..we then asked her what they were talking about. Judys then said--oh she said that she is a member of the church, she said that there is not a bigger blessing on this earth than being a member of this church. she told me that I should get baptized....she also said that us as missionaries were sent from on high to bless the life of my family....we were very surprised when she told us that. We asked her who she was and where she lived...Judys had no idea...she said that the lady told her she lived a few streets up from there...After the lesson we went and knocked doors looking for the mysterious lady and we did not find anything... surly she was an angel. After the lesson Judys was very sure of the decision to be baptized. She was baptized the following Saturday. On my mission I have not walked alone, there are many angles that are preparing the way.

Anyways this was an experience that I had to write to my mission President today. I thought that I could share it with you guys...Last week I ate my first bugs in Guatemala....these type of ants come out like once a year....and the people love them....so a family made these for us...Pretty crazy..other than that we are just working hard to baptize!!! Love you All!!

Elder Wilkes




No comments:

Post a Comment