1/27/15

What a Blessing

Well I don't have that much time today but thank you everyone for your emails. Things are really going good. This last week we had stake conference and that was a real blessing. The stake president here is a really good guy. He was born on the streets and was baptized when he was 17. I also loved hearing our mission president's wife speak. She is learning Spanish but wow she really brings the spirit. I can't imagine how hard that is but wow she is such an example and gave really powerful talks.

Right now we are teaching this guy Luis Lopez. He is 57 and right now he is in the mountains cutting down avocados for his work. So sometimes it is hard to teach him because he isn't home. But he is doing well. We are hoping to baptize him this week, but he is still not sure about it. He really is a stud and one day on the bus we just invited him to church and the next Sunday we were shocked when he walked in.

Anyways we have transfers next week and I pretty much know that I will be leaving. I'm kinda sad because I love this place and we are really finally making progress with the ward. Really the whole thing about a mission is your attitude. We have a lot of converts who don't really want to visit with us right now. But every time we have a problem my companion and I just look at each other and say "What a Blessing." It is actually really helping us out. Anyways I love you guys. Have a great week.

Elder Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment