2/10/15

The Working of Miracles



Alright everybody well it's that time of the week today where we are obligated to communicate. I am now serving in Alamedas which is the same zone where I was before. My new companions name is Elder Castro and he is from Costa Rica. This has really been a new experience to move areas and become a trainer. Basically what happened is I had to open the area. When I got there Elder Castro could not really remember where anything was, or who they were teaching, or where the converts live, so we have had a great new learning experience together. My comp is a really good and humble guy. On Sunday something happened to us that I will tell you about when I get home, honestly I was really frustrated and stressed and the Elder Castro said wow we should say a prayer for all this trials we are having. We need to thank Heavenly Father for this. Wow I will be honest that really humbled me.

Really the times in life when we can grow and progress is when we have trials and problems. The mission is really an emotional roller coaster and a trick is learning to manage that and always stay happy and positive with a big smile. I am so thankful for the trials that we have each day that help us become more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Anyways the area is good here. It is really big. There are a few gated communities where a lot of the members live. And then there is the regular area where people will actually listen to us. Its kind of like in Alma 32 when he talks about how they started to have success among the poor class of the people. So pretty much we have started over from nothing. But we did have some miracles of some random investigators just showed up to church.

With faith God can work miracles in our lives every single day. We just have to be ready and willing to work for them. Doctrine and Covenants 41:26 and again to some is given the WORKING of miracles. Love you all.

Elder Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment