12/16/14

Absolute Miracles

Dear Family,

Well it's been another week here in Guatemala. My new companion is Elder Martinez and he is from Honduras. He is 18 too. So we are some really young guns here in the mission. He only has 8 months. But he is really awesome and he is a super diligent hard worker.

This week we had 3 baptisms that were absolutely miracles. A father we baptized in the beginning of November had been waiting for his family to finally join him in the church. Honestly they had been making us super mad so we had stopped visiting them and only been talking to the dad. But my new companion wanted to meet them so we went the last appointment of the day. After my companion had gotten to know them a little, they told us that they were ready to be baptized. I honestly could not believe it. All I had ever seen them do was not progress.

Really the thing they had finally done was prayed to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And they got their answer. Really I know that anyone who prays to God to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and if the church is true will get an answer.

In the baptismal service the Mom started crying and said that she finally felt clean for the first time in her life. it was a really good experience and the spirit was really strong. Its amazing to see the ways that the Lord can work on people.

In other news I have no idea what to say in these letters. We are working super hard. Getting about 12 lessons everyday and have a ton of investigators right now. Yesterday was P-day and I cut my hair and we cleaned the house hard core. Anyways send me some questions if anyone wants to know anything specific. Love you all!

Elder Wilkes


No comments:

Post a Comment